Skip to main content
Login to unlock Email share
- Population is about 78,866,635 (2009).
- Arabic is the official language.
- Most people in Egypt are Muslim.
- When entering a a Mosque you must remove footwear.
- In Egypt males must serve 1-3 years in the army and another 9 years for the reserve army.
- Many women in Egypt cover their faces with a scarf called a Hijab.
- Soccer is Egypts national sport.
- Ful Medames is a popular Egyptian dish and is usually eaten at breakfast.
We believe that the pyramids are Egypt’s most important symbol. When a person thinks of Egypt, the first thing that usually comes to mind are the pyramids. The pyramids of Egypt are one of a kind and are very distinct from pyramids built by different ancient civilizations. Another reason is because The Great Pyramid of Giza is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and is the only one of the seven left in existence. The Great Pyramid of Giza took 20 years to build and was also the world’s tallest structure for about 3800 years. The Great Pyramid is the resting place of Pharaoh Khufu of the fourth dynasty.