Skip to main content
Login to unlock Email share
World History Project(:
Jacques Cartier sailed for the fench, He lead experdidtions of the explorations to Canada.
Henry Hudson, Who sailed for the Netherlands. Discovered the Hudson River.
England : John Cabot explored the coast of Canada. He is the second famous explorer to find North America.
Portugal : Bartolomeu Dias, was the first european explorer to lead a 1487 voage around the cape.
Sailed for Spain, in 1492. His greatest accomplishment for the Spanish was discovering amearica and believing he was somewhere in Asia.
From Europe to America:
Spain , Dutch , England , France , Netherlands : Citrus Fruits, Onions, Olives, Turnips, Grapes, Banana's, Coffee Beans, Sugar Canes, Peaches, Pears, Grains, Livestock like cows, sheeps, pigs, and horses, and Dieases like small pox, Influenza, Typhus ect.
From America To Europe:
Tobacco, Pumpkins, Squash, Turkey's, Sweet Potatoes, Quinine, Avocado's, Peppers, Pineapples, Cassava, Peanuts, Potatoes, Tomato's, Caocao Beans, Beans, Vannilla and Corn.
Ideas Spread Through Exploration :
1. It brougth Europe and America Together.
2. The exchange of diseases, animals and plants.
3. The exchange of goods, technology, and cultures.
4. It effected the way people live in the continents.
Investment Funds :
1 : About half of the financing came from private Italian investors.
2: Capitalism grew in the economy.
3: Numerous merchants gain wealth,
4:Profits from these investments enabled
merchants and traders to reinvest even more money.
The Columbian Exchange
The Ship Techonology and Improvements :
1. Mapmaking, Shipbuilding, and Navigation Improved.
2. Can carry more people.
3. People learned how to use and read a compass.
4. During the shipbuilding it improved sail designs, stronger hulls, and sleeker lines