Skip to main content
Login to unlock Email share
With my preliminary task the titles were a last minute consideration, and were accessed on Adobe Premiere Pro. Whereas, for our opening we focussed heavily on how we wanted our titles to fit the style of our piece and convey the quirky rom-com nature.
The sound throughout my preliminary task does that remain consistant, and is quieter at times than others. This sounds ameteur and ruins the dialogue. In our opening the narration is very important, and the constant volume of it had to remain the same, or it would detract from the importance.
Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
The 'bed scene' was particularly difficult to film, but the pan from their faces to feet, shows far more technique and gives a better effect than if we were to simply cut.
The range of camera angles in my preliminary task was very basic, and there were more opportunities at which they could have been more interesting and challenging, especially in order to represent character. We could have used close-ups to create tension and humour, as opposed to the mid shot of the three singing happy birthday.
When filming and editing our preliminary task, it felt rushed and not as well organised compared to filming the opening. This was because we had more time, and much more to arrange with the opening. We had to work around the actors, when it was suitable weather, and when the locations were free. It was difficult arranging time when all of us were available, but we learnt quickly that organisation was key! Due to our mutual intentions for the product, we all were able to spend time perfecting parts, which I didn't feel I did with my preliminary.